Saturday, October 19, 2013

3 Instagram Accounts to Follow

Hello people out there!

We have been too busy wasting our last school holiday doing nothing and finding a job which brings us to the next stage of life called paid employment that we can hardly find any motivation to bring to put ourselves in front of the laptop to write a post of reasonable quality. As Liwee has done this 5 months ago, I thought it would be fun to do a post on 3 Instagram accounts which I adore. And yes, I do admit I'm an Instagram addict who spends majority of my time on the phone refreshing my newsfeed to oogle at other strangers' beautiful pictures and gorgeous lives. Instagram has also become my best guide for the latest food haunts around the tiny island too, all thanks to its geotag function. ;) I shall hereby declare that Instagram is my most used social networking app!

1. First account would be and_sweet (http://instagram.com/and_sweet). I am totally in love with all her pictures and am dying to find out what she app/camera she use to achieve that effect. They are totally gorgeous with a slightly warm tinge which I have failed to achieve despite toggling between all the different photo editing apps. :( Her life seems to be surrounded by the most delightful little things and the prettiest natural sights. Even plain apples look dreamy and pretty, imagine the beauty of those little snapshots of farmers' markets and cozy cafes in Korea. :)


2. Second account would be xyourfingers (http://instagram.com/xyourfingers). Her illustrations are the cutest things ever! Beautifully whimsical with a touch of humour at times. And she also happen to have the innate ability to put together everyday objects and make them look absolutely photogenic together. You can read her blog at http://www.xyourfingers.com/ or purchase products with her illustrations at http://www.etsy.com/shop/woodandlead. She also took part in the Tokyo Art Book Fair 2013 and published her first zine titled Baked Puns which anyone who has a penchant for food with cute faces would absolutely adore. :)


3. Last account that I will recommend in this post would be lyyeow (http://instagram.com/lyyeow), another Singapore illustrator. Singapore pride! :D Hurhur. Distinctively quirky and cutesy illustrations with the prettiest handwritten words and an eye for beauty in the everyday life are just some of the reasons I'm attracted to her account. I also love how readily she uses her talent to reach out to the community outside, whether it is just exchanging personal facts and letters with the fellow Instagram users or drawing a poster calling out for people to adopt a cute mongrel. It gives me the impression that art does have the power to change the world, and big changes always start out with these little things. :)


That's it for my first post on 3 Instagram accounts to follow. Will blog about more accounts which I adore the next time! :D

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment