Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Listserve

Hellooooo!!! Hahaha Cheryl and I are the laziest girls on Earth! We can't even bring ourselves to type stuff here arghhh.

Anyway just an update, since I've graduated from NUS in May 2013, I went to Taiwan and Bangkok in the same month, found my first job in end July 2013, went to Taiwan again in March 2014 and am still at the same job now. Wow sounds so boring but I really experienced a whirlwind of emotions I tell you. Hahaha.

Working is really different from schooling man. I feel so much richer cos of my stable salary as compared to my infrequent pocket money (I know, I know.. I'm trying to repay my parents now!!). I think I am getting better at dressing up and wearing dresses and skirts now haha. And I am wayyyy fatter now because I will eat a regular meal during lunch, and a very heavy dinner because my mum really cooks a lot all the time. I really need to cut down on my snacking!!

Okay, anyway today I wanna share my Listserve experience!! Listserve was introduced to me by a very cool friend, zoeychrix (haha), in 2012 and since then I've been receiving daily emails from random people in the Listserve mailing list talking about anything and everything. One lucky person from the mailing list will be picked everyday to talk about whatever they want, and zeng zeng zeng... I received the email from Listserve that it was my turn in early March!!!

Honestly, it was during a busy work period so I didn't really have time to look through my personal emails, but I'm glad the title caught my attention. Haha, but I was quite worried about this because my English is not exactly good, and I don't know what to say at all!! There were many inspiring ones during the first year, but subsequently, people talked about science and business, or adventures etc that they have tried. I have nothing interesting to share about myself, so I decided to just share about the quotes that inspired me recently during this dull and uncertain transition period of my life (being a working adult is really not easy haha).

Part of my post

You can read my post from here: http://thelistservearchive.com/2014/03/19/my-favourite-quotes/. Hehe, first time seeing my name appearing in the Google search list *pats my shoulder*.

But the main point of this whole post is that you know what, I received 50+ replies from Listervers (?) all around the world and ALL OF THEM were sooooo encouraging and nice! Omg. I was soooo worried when it went live because I thought it was a bad post with bad English but ahhh, everyone was so nice! There were some who thanked me for making their day. Noooo.. they don't know that their replies made MY day (and probably life) instead!! Sigh, I'm so touched! Thank you everyone and Listserve and zoeychrix!

Just wanna share this very powerful quote that made me shudder for awhile: "...Please underestimate me. Because then you'll never see me coming.". Wowwww right? Haha. Other than this, there were so many more meaningful ones but I think the most important experience that I've gotten from this is that I could feel a part of happiness of those who have emailed me? I don't really know how to explain this. It's like, if you read my post, I shared what I've learnt from the quotes and how those quotes made me feel better. I think readers might feel good cos I shared something good and happy about myself. It's the same feeling reading their replies, and imagine receiving so many of them! It's like I'm experiencing happiness multiplied by 50 over times! :') I'm so glad that I asked readers to share with me cos I was feeling so worried about my bad post and English, which explains why I used birds&flora's email address instead of my own personal one. Ha ha ha...

Anyhow, it's very interesting to see how simple words and sentences can help people like us feel better, and how those simple quotes can be used to define who we are, how we think and behave. Maybe soci undergrads like Cheryl can consider this social observation of individual's favourite quotes as their FYP topic yeah? I even helped you guys to think of the project title already haha.

Sorry for this whole chunk of text!! If you manage to read till here, do feel free to let us know about your favourite quotes too!! Okie dokie, that's all for now! Adios~


-Liwee

No comments:

Post a Comment