Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mr Jones' Orphanage, Bangkok

Hello! I am currently an official unemployed adult after graduation but nonetheless, I've been enjoying my holidays! Anyway, I wanted to blog about some food I had in Bangkok but I realised I only took photos of Mr Jones' Orphanage using my camera while the rest were taken using my phone. So here you go, an individual post dedicated to Mr Jones'. :)

"Speak softly as some orphans are sleeping"

New brunch menu at the entrance

Saw a few reviews recommending this cafe and decided to visit the branch at Seen Space as I had never been to Thong Lor before. Mr Jones' Orphanage is basically a cafe selling desserts and brunch with really cute interior design and concept. The whole cafe is like a toy house with wooden rustic furniture, vintage tableware (which are on sale), paper planes hanging from the ceiling and a huge carousel in the middle, which I realised is used as a storage space for the ingredients.






Tableware for sale!



The carousel is used as a storage space for fruits!

Very pretty paper planes hanging from the ceiling

The main theme behind Mr Jones' is that it is an orphanage for teddy bears. There are many fluffy teddy bears around the cafe, with some swinging on the ceiling (which I thought looks pretty eerie) and some sitting on the seats for customers to cuddle. By the way, I seriously thought that it's a real orphanage because I saw the sign at the entrance asking customers to lower their volume so as not to disturb the orphans upstairs. From my seat, there were like curtains on the second floor that make them look like real rooms and the whole cafe was pretty quiet which makes it legit to be an orphanage. Zzz I'm too naive right. My boyfriend kept disagreeing with me and thought that the upper floor is just for decoration because it's really low and the stairs to the second floor are really tiny haha. I just realised that he's wrong too after seeing Mr Jones' website. Anyway, check out their website! They have this navigation thing around their cafe which looks exactly the same as what you will see in real life. :)

Orphan Dropoff House for customers to donate their unwanted bears, aka orphans

Eerie swinging bears, haha


Okay, let's move on to the desserts. When you step into the cafe, you will see the kitchen on the right and there's a huge variety of desserts on display. Everything looks really colourful and sweet which suits the toy house vibe! As we visited this place right after having our brunch at Roast, we were too stuffed by then and so we only ordered the two recommended dishes which are the Custard Cow's Poo and Chocky Mud Pie. The Custard Cow's Poo is a baked custard with a hole in the middle covered by a slice of strawberry and it is served in a plate of  homemade milk. Really pretty presentation but I find it kinda too sweet and sticky for my liking. The Chocky Mud Pie, which is a chocolate lava cake served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, was pretty good though! The chocolate was not too sweet or bitter and it's really gooey. :)







Menu

Custard Cow's Poo

Chocky Mud Pie

Overall, I would recommend you guys to visit Mr Jones' Orphanage as the concept is really adorable. If Thong Lor is too far for you, you might wanna consider going to the other branch at Siam Center which has very cute decor too! :)





Mr Jones' Orphanage (Thong Lor)
G/F Seenspace, Thong Lor Soi 13
Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: 02 185 2378
Note: Thong Lo is the nearest BTS but it took me about 15 -20 minutes to walk there even though it's just a long straight path. Seenspace is just next to J Avenue which is very easy to locate. You can find the map here: http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/mr-jones.htm.

Mr Jones' Orphanage (Siam Center)
Siam Center (2F, close to the exit to the Paragon Mall)
Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: 02 658 1163

Till then! :)
-Lw

1 comment:

  1. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    Line Sticker

    ReplyDelete