Monday, May 6, 2013

3 Instagram Accounts to Follow

Hello! I've finally graduated! Cheryl is still having her papers, so I shall update our dying blog first haha. So sorry Cheryl for being such a lazy partner! I think I didn't update the blog for the whole semester right? My bad!!

Anyway, my last semester was really hectic partly because of my FYP, which was fun! I was attached to Something Old Something New, a social enterprise and thrift store chain that helps patients with psychiatric disabilities, and my team and I got to sell some of their items at one of the flea markets in March this year to help raise awareness of the organisation. ^^ Do check out their three thrift stores in Simei, Pasir Ris and Bedok okay! You can also donate your unwanted items, especially clothes to them! :)

Okay, so I haven't really been heading out these few months and hence I can't really do reviews for anything. However, I have been reeeeally active online, especially on Instagram because it's a good way to take a break from all the work right? Haha. I think Cheryl is even more into Instagram because she was the only one among my friends who noticed the change in the Instagram logo typography. Hahaha so cute. So anyway, the main purpose of this post is actually to recommend 3 Instagram accounts that I think you should check out!

1. The first would be a mummy from Nashville, named James a.k.a. bleubird (www.instagram.com/bleubird). I don't know how I came across her account on Instagram but I'm so in love with her family. She has four beautiful and cute kids with really good dress sense, especially her eldest son! ^^ She is also very inspiring as she home-schooled her children and has weekly nature hikes with them near their home. Plus, she's really pretty and artistic with really cool photos. I really wanna be like her in the future hahaha. By the way, check out her blog as well (http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/), she has this 52 Project where she takes photos of her children every week and I really like knowing more about her kids through this. I am so gonna do that in the future!!



2. The next one is also another mummy, Sue, and her Instagram account (http://instagram.com/sueshine) is mostly photos of her daughter, Sammy Lu, who is autistic. From her photos, you can tell how much she loves her beautiful kid with all the fun adventure they had together, such as "snow-skiing" indoors and travelling around the solar system in a basket at home. Sue is really creative and inspiring with such big love for her daughter, and I really love reading all the photo captions because she tends to talk abit more about autism and how she deals with it. I don't think she has a blog yet, so do check out her account and look through all the photo captions if you haven't! :)



3. The last account that I want to recommend is Betty Autier from Paris (www.instagram.com/leblogdebetty). I really liked her since the Lookbook days a few years back because I thought she's really pretty and fashionable. I even went to cut my hair like hers, with bangs and messy tresses hahaha. Her Instagram is mostly photos of her outfits, shopping hauls and food, so check out her account if you like fashion! I think she's a popular blogger too by the way. She blogs at http://www.leblogdebetty.com/en/. :)


Oh by the way, I've changed the sidebar of our blog with the links to our individual Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest accounts. Follow us okay! :) My Instagram is locked though because I can't stand spams, so just feel free to send me a request! And I think you guys should follow Cheryl's account because she takes really nice photos and she is always at cool places! And she has really good taste! Her Pinterest says it all, I swear!! :)

Hope you like the three Instagram accounts that I've recommended! Till then!! :)
-Liwee

No comments:

Post a Comment