Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nail Tutorial: Leopard Print Nails

Hello! Liwee here! Did leopard print nails for the first time today and thought it looked pretty alright, so here's a mini tutorial for it. :)

Leopard Print Nails

Nail polishes used (from left to right): American Apparel's Office, Orly's Petit Four, Topshop's Cloud



Step 1: Paint your nails with a base code and base colour. I chose Office as the base colour.

Step 2: Once the base colour is dried, paint random dots (don't have to be perfectly round as you will be covering them with the outlines) with another colour. I chose Petit Four for the dots. You can use the dot pen, toothpick or even the nail polish brush to draw the dots. If you are using the nail polish brush like me, make sure there is no dripping nail polish on the brush. Not sure if you understand, but try to make sure that your brush has minimum amount of nail polish and super gently swipe the side of the brush on your nails to draw the mini dots. :)


Step 3: Use a sharp end of the toothpick to pick up some nail polish from the bottle and outline the dots. Try to make the line thicker by scooping more nail polish. For the outline, I drew three shorts lines for each dot and the lines do not have to be perfect around the dots too.


Step 4: Finish it with a top coat. I am using Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, which is perfect because I hate waiting for my nails to dry haha.



And that's it! Easy right? Usually I only paint my left hand as I am right handed and I can't really control my left hand but I am pretty pleased with the prints on my right hand despite them being messy. Hehe. And for my thumbs, I only painted the base colour as I thought too much leopard prints might make my nails look weird, but the base colour looks a little too plain too. Oh well.. haha.

Sorry I think the leopard prints are not that perfect but hope you find this tutorial useful. Have fun trying out this leopard print nail art using different colour combinations! :) Do leave a comment if you have any questions! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment